How It Works
To start your aerial shoot, just turn your camera on and press launch in your app. Your drone will fly into its default position and the video will start streaming directly into your smartphone. There is no camera operator, no pilot and you can see exactly what your camera records.
Deciding how you want your aerial camera to frame your shot is ridiculously intuitive. The interactive live view feed of your camera’s point of view lets you pinch to set the distance between your subject and your drone, slide laterally for panning and vertically for height. You can shoot from front, back, sides, above and everywhere in between. All you need is your smartphone plus three intuitive gestures and you’re set.
Your drone is attuned to the slightest of movements, continuously repositioning itself to match the filming parameters you set for it. You now have an intelligent flying camera tracking your exact trajectory and filming your every move.
Land your drone, collect your clips and enjoy. Our technology guarantees extra-smooth stabilized camera movements, continuous perfect framing, and creates the possibility for angles that are virtually impossible to achieve with traditional means. Read: you now have the capability to film Hollywood-style aerial shots – and beyond.
Set the framing on your smartphone, the drone does the rest; from take-off to landing.
Easy to Use
No remote control necessary; HEXO+ follows your movements to maintain your framing.
Smart and Autonomous
Lightweight, foldable frame and legs, to easily fit in a backpack.
Light and Packable
Up to 70 km/h – 45 mph top speed to track even the fastest subject. Wind tunnel tested for improved aerodynamics.
Extra Fast Flight
Hexacopter design and 2D or 3D brushless gimbal for smooth filming.
Extra Stable Footage
Fail-safe software features and six propellers mean a safe landing in case of a problem.
Built for the best action camera out there.
Garageband-like app to create filming scenarios with drag and drop, combinable camera movements.
The Director’s Toolkit
Easily switch between autonomous and manual modes and control HEXO+ with your own RC or with pre-set GPS waypoints
- Dimensions: 62 x 52 x 12 cm – 24 x 20 x 5 inches
- Total weight: 980 g – 2.2 lbs
- Hexacopter design with 30° tilt propellers
- Speed range: up to 70 kmh – 45mph
- Flight time: 15 min with 3S battery, gimbal and GoPro attached
- Filming distance range: Technically, the drone can be as far from the GPS as 2 kilometers, but we advise you to research and respect your local regulations.
- Auto take-off and auto landing
- Trajectory anticipation
- Video target locking
- GPS + onboard sensor position tracking
- Processor with MAVLINK protocol
- High performance 2D or 3D brushless gimbal
- Easy attach/detach from drone body for transportation
- GoPro mount
- iOS and Android versions
- Intuitive live view framing
- Favorite framing presets
- Subject framing lock
- Emergency landing
In the past couple of years I've been putting a lot of energy into developing all kind of systems to capture creative footage of my riding but things were often too complicated. HEXO+ is the ultimate solution, compact, easy to use, it brings filming to the next level.
– Xavier de Le Rue, Pro Snowboarder and Hexo+ Co-Founder
As a filmmaker, exploring the world, doing more with less and having the possibility to get aerial shoot in the most remote places will allow us to bring back more of a story to share.
– Renan Öztürk, Director, Camp 4 Collective
As Seen On